Thursday, September 29, 2011

Girl Squid

So I met this girl the other day while working at one of Lawton's two annual festivals. Turns out she rides, so, of course, I'm excited.

Hey! A possible riding buddy. I think.
"How long have you been riding?" I ask.
"About a month." The girl with the bright fake fingernails and a lot of make-up replies.
"So what do you ride?"
"A ninja 250."
"That's cool. I ride a cbr600."
"Well, I thought I'd start out on something small that I can learn on."
I tell her that was a smart idea.


So I'm riding down Cache road running errands the other day when I see this little 250, the bright nails, and a girl rockin' some fancy shades, and no lid. Only riding for a month...

To each their own, I guess.

I'm not completely free of squid tendencies, but if you hit your head on concrete while standing around outside, and that can do a good job to your brain-holder then I don't want to know what will happen when you fall off your bike going 25 mph and hit your head on the curb. No sirree, Bob!
I think there's a greater risk of something happening the first couple of years one rides because there are so many other things going on around you while you're still learning to ride, getting used to your bike, gaining experience, and learning just how much you have to pay attention to others that I think I'd wear a helmet just to have one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment