Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baby,it's [starting to feel] cold outside!

Of all the people who should be a seasonal rider, it should be me. To paint a better picture of how miraculous it is that I don't "winterize" Blueberry, let me explain. 

I'm the type of person who when it's below 60 degrees Fahrenheit is running around the farm in a parka which looks like it's been imported from Antarctica. Anything below 55 degrees Fahrenheit and within one minute my fingers are frozen popsicles. With the aid of gloves, I'm usually good for 10-15 minutes, depending on the wind, before the joy of living is sucked right out of me and carried south by the chilling north wind.

All indicators point to the conclusion that when I move it'll have to be to somewhere warmer than Oklahoma. How I managed to survive without winter riding gloves for so many years is beyond me. Now, you'd think that since I'm the biggest baby when it comes to cold weather and since I refuse to not ride that I would have at least written my layering system down, right? Wrong. 


Plus a layer or three. What do you wear? Let me know on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment